Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Girls Night Out

Its non-negotiable as well as an unwritten rule, girls need a night out with just girls sometimes. Its not that we don't love our guys, we just crave the support and attentiveness of our female friends. Mostly because I think girls like to talk. I heard a joke once that an archaeologist can tell if a skeleton is male or female by looking at the jawbone. If it is more worn than it was a women, apparently because we are so good at yammering on and on! :-) 

Anyway...me and my friends Beth and Kristen went out to the Rio in old town, very well known for its Margs, to just sit and chat. Our friend Natalie came and met us there a little later.

Kristen and Natalie

Me and Beth

Ahh, good times! We sipped margs and chatted, and chatted, and sipped some more, and chatted some more, and...well you get the idea. Then we started to get a little silly.



And my personal favorite because Beth was being so cute and I was just acting goofy:

We really did just talk all night, about everything...from life, to boys, to jobs, to God, and back again. We did people watch a little. There was this couple at the bar that just kept getting closer as the evening progressed, and the guy kept reaching over to the woman and fixing her eyebrow. ??? We were kind of like, huh? Here is Kristen and Natalie doing a rendition for you.

Random, I know, but we were all two margs in at the time. Anyway, it was so much fun and I got to know Beth a little better than I had before. My old roommate had been one of Beth's good friends, which is how I met her, and now Beth is dating Lawrence, who is Mike's old roommate. 
No, I don't wear glasses, those are Beth's. And the best part of the evening was getting home to Mike and seeing that he had put road tires on my commuter bike. Now I will go twice and fast and it will be a much better commute to campus in the fall. Thanks honey! 

1 comment: