Well, I was introduced to this video last night and taught a good lesson on its contents. I mean, it really opened my
eyes. Watch it and then we'll chat about it.
Don't we really wish it was that easy, that we could just
stop sinning or doing whatever we are doing that could
be destructive or is tremendously influencing our life
and decision
My campus minister spoke on this topic. He spoke
about how the Bible offers us help for temptation
as well as methods to avoid being caught in our bad
situations. One thing he didn't talk about is being
sensitive to people with some kind of issue. So many
times it is easy to judge someone who is struggling
and say, "I'm glad I'm not that guy" or "I would never to
that. The fact is, we are all capable of doing that. We
are all human and sin. And Satan knows our
weaknesses. Satan isn't going to tempt us in areas
that don't bother us.
I had another pastor who told us that being a
Christian meant that you know have a great big
target on your back, and Satan is aiming. We
are all going to be tempted, all going to sin, and
all need repentance and encouragement. It is not
our place to judge, only to love and to help those
that are struggling. Sometimes we may not be able
to help because it is an area that we have struggled
with before, and may not be able to help them
without falling into the sin again ourselves. Other
times I think God allows us to conquer some areas so
we in turn can help others who are struggling with the
same thing. Have you noticed how little empathy our
country seems to have now? Now, when we see a bad
situation we say "wow, those people don't have their
ducks in a row, it sucks to be them." That could be us!
We need to reach out to those helping and hurting. The
golden rule really applies, we would want someone to
reach out to us...maybe we need to reach out to
others more.
I know this is something I want to do more. I don't just
want to learn about Jesus, I want to be his hands and
his feet, doing his work. That is my prayer.
And yes, the skit is hilarious, and now when I find
myself thinking something stupid, I say "Stop it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment