It seems that everytime something good happens, something bad has to happen. Not sure why that is. Maybe that whole ying-yang thing has something to it :-). But it does seem in life that there are periods of great followed with trials, just like the hills and valleys of our spiritual life.
I have had two tests so far this week and another one on this afternoon. I'm not complaining. I feel very blessed and lucky to be able to get my masters, but sometimes you just sit back and are like..."really?" (this has been my phrase for the last 3 months, I'm stuck in a rut apparantly. You have to say it as a question but somewhat sarcastically) I have spent so much time studying information that seems to all leave after the exam. I wonder if they will ever find better ways to test to where you actually remember what you learned instead of mass memorization and then purging it all out afterwards.
With this myriad of tests and various personal battles (yes, I have not been the easiest person to deal with this week) God has given us a couple of blessings that were so great.
First, he gave me and Michael awesome, beautiful weather for a bike ride Teusday morning. We also found out that Michael was chosen to compete in the Laramie Enduro, a 75mile mountain bike race this summer. He is so excited! Just like a kid at Christmas. God also provided me with a very large scholarship next year which will be in addition to what I will already be getting for my research. This was such a huge blessing.
Praise the Lord for his blessings, and for coffee, I really need to go do some more studying, my brain is fried! Wish me luck!
Congrats Michael - glad you made it into this year's Laramie Enduro, you're going to love it! Good luck training and see you July 31st!
ReplyDelete