So, I know I just created that horrible post on the day in my life, totally not exciting, it was more of a confession that I am very imperfect and that my days don't always go well or according to plan. I'll also admit I do have less busy days, more usually acutally. That is one plus about being a masters student.
Anyway, I wanted to catch up some of you on what is going on right now in our life. We seem to be switching directions a little, not like that is bad, it is actually kind of exciting.
On Tuesday Michael quit his job at Tru-green. It was kind of hard, even though I knew it was coming and had been urging him to explore other options for awhile. He stuck it out there well and when we had another option lined up, he took his leave. He will be back working at peloton cycles for the time being, full time. Michael has also been wanting to go back to school, one thing that working at trugreen wouldn't have allowed him to do so he is once again researching and is planning on receiving his MBA instead of a Masters in Accountancy. It was actually a good thing that Michael didn't get into the Masters of Accoutancy program, I think it again would have pigeon-holed him to one area of work. with an MBA he can stretch out a little more, due the diversity of the program.
A lot of people at our church have asked what I think about Michael quitting. It is really interesting becauset they don't ask why he quit, they just look at me and ask what I think about it. I support him 100%. I also know he would have done the same for me if I had been struggling as much as he was there. I think this will move us better to where we want to be. Tru-green wasn't what Michael wanted to be doing in a career or in the future, so it wasn't adding anything. I know God is taking care of us and that we also need to make wise choices in life too. Money isn't everything, although it is nice, and since I will only be here for one more year, Michael would have been switching jobs anyway, he just did it sooner rather than later. This is assuming that I find a job somewhere else than Fort Collins of course.
On second note, I accepted the internship and it has turned out much better than expected. they have shared that I can do a lot of work from up here in fort collins, this is great news. Not so many drives to boulder a week but yet I still get the experiece and extra money, which was another decision maker in our lives.
We are both so excited about the future and what it is going to hold! I will graduate next year and then I feel like our life will really begin! School feels like such a limbo, you don't really feel settled because you don't have a real job and you don't know where you are going to have to go to find that job. Anyway, we have a fun weekend ahead and I'm already thinking PICTURES! that way you can see how funny we both look again. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment