Well, let's say I'm following in my husband's tire tracks. I'm trying to get into racing as well, or at least cycling more. I do like biking a lot, it is fun, and great exercise to keep me in shape. I used to run, but have moved on to biking because of the "fun" factor. I like biking because I can go for a 1-2hr ride and see so much beautiful scenery. If I went for a run, I can at most get 2.5miles away from my house before I would need to turn around. Anyway...I'm getting off topic...racing.
Last night Mike and I went to Lory State Park to be a part of there mountain bike cross country race series that they have on Tuesdays. Mike raced in expert and I decided to try my hand at Sport class since I had ridden the trail before that we were going to do. Here is a before pic.
I finished the course in around 1hr and 10min (or less, but above an hour), I think, I'm not sure, and it was approximately a 10-11mile course. They staggered us at the start, the pro's were the next to go after my group was sent so I changed my goal of not being last (since I was last) to not getting passed by one of the pro guys somewhere behind me. I did beat that goal. I guess I kind of had a big head and thought I was better than I really am, I had done another race before, the New Belgium short track race and that is a 4 mile course. I raced in that race twice and got 10th out of 13 the first time and 9th out of 21 the second time, so I really improved. I have something to work hard for though, gotta work on my speed! I never really was the athletic type. I can go for a long time, but I'm not really fast.Michael of course, did AWESOME! He came in definitely in the top 5, but we aren't sure because the pro's and experts were coming in at the same time. He completely the course in an hour and 10min too, but he had another 4-5miles added on. I tried to get a shot of him coming through the finish, but he was going so fast that he is a blur!
Here is a photo of us after the race. Very tired and dirty. Next time I race again I will make sure to eat something before, and bring more water, I think that will help.
Our next adventure...Friday we are going to hike 3 14er's. I'm stoked! Hiking is where I am in my element! I'll post about that for sure!
Here is a photo of us after the race. Very tired and dirty. Next time I race again I will make sure to eat something before, and bring more water, I think that will help.
Our next adventure...Friday we are going to hike 3 14er's. I'm stoked! Hiking is where I am in my element! I'll post about that for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment