You know the old saying, "procrastination is the one thing I seem to do well"? That is definitely how I feel right now! As I am typing this, I am sitting in my office, full well knowing that I need to start working! But I'm browsing the internet, and thinking about what I'm going to do this weekend, and planning all the other stuff I need to do...besides work. And it's funny, because in the back of your brain you know that if you just get started, you'll feel better, and once you get that ball rolling, it all gets done. It's also like housecleaning, you dread starting, but once you do you feel better, then you want to finish it all, and then you are so happy everything is clean.
My research is making me crazy, although this comes with the fact that research is, well, research. Research means that inherently, something won't turn out or you won't find what you need. It is just not working right. My instruments fault up, they don't record, or the latest case, they won't download the data they have stored on them. It is making me frustrated because I really want to just feel like I am actually accomplishing something for this masters so I don't have to stay an extra semester.
I start classes next Monday. I'll still be working in Boulder as well. I'm taking 9 graduate credits, which is full time, and 2 of them are thesis credits, meaning they are arbitrary credits I have applied to my thesis work. The two classes I'm taking are Ergonomics and Statistics (ick!).
Michael is starting school next week too. I have been trying to be better about giving him more time to get his tutorials and other school stuff done. I didn't realize how much I expect him to have time for me or to do stuff with me. It's really weird to be in the house at night and have him on the computer working, and I'm wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do with myself. I'm proud of him though, and I know I will get really busy too once school starts and I'm still doing all this other stuff. It will help when we have another computer, then we both will be able to work at one time. So we are shopping for one and hope to have one soon.
Well, that is a good update on us. We are both well. There is a ton of fun stuff coming up this weekend and i'll let you all know what goes down!
No comments:
Post a Comment