Friday, September 3, 2010

Harvest Time

It is harvest time here! Yesterday morning was our first really cool morning, where when we went out for a walk we needed long sleeves and a hat. I love it! Fall brings so many cool things! It is my favorite season. It brings harvest times, corn mazes, pumpkin items (especially pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin bagels!), color changes, cooler weather, and it just smells different, better for some reason. But anyway...harvest has come to the funk house finally.

We were able to pick a bunch of our stuff this week. Below you see our jalepenos, tomatoes, strawberries, and cucumbers. Our tomatoes are weird though, they look like they are rotting on the bottom before they are getting red, so we don't know what is happening there.
I am currently at a loss at what to do with so many jalepenos. These two plants produced so many! they are not super spicy so I have been using them kind of like green peppers, but chopping them up all the way with the seeds. I made enchiladas this week and literally put like 6 of those babies in there to use them up. We still have like 12 more to use. Now that we have the tomatoes, guac and salsa are in order. Although I need to go to the store for tortilla chips...

We couldn't believe that the strawberry plants started producing again! We got a really good amount of strawberries, half of them had bug holes in them, but oh well. Our peas have also started growing more peas, not many though, but I will pull them off by the end of this week. It is started to get really cool here at night. Last night we got really cold, so it is probably time to put the comforter back on the bed.

Life is good here, busy as always. Michael got his road bike yesterday and started putting it together last night.
I would have no idea how to put these things together, and they don't give you step-by-step instructions but of course Michael knew how.
It is pretty sweet looking. I can't wait until I get mine!
He was a little disappointed because he bought a cheaper version of this bike because he thought he could replace the shifters with some nice ones he already has, but it turns out he can't. If he would've known that, he would have bought the nicer version.
Isn't that cool looking?

I guess some knew news is that I am seriously consider joining the CSU cycling team. I am not super good, or very fast, but they have expressed the need for girls, and aren't really worried too much about ability. It would be another large time commitment though. I feel like it is my last year to do something like this though. I won't really get this opportunity again after I graduate and begin working. So I think I am going to do it. It really only is a major time commitment for the next 5-6 weeks, then it slacks off until spring. The next 5-6 weeks is their mountain biking season, which I have a better track record of anyway. (meaning not as many injuries :-)

Michael is working hard at his MBA. He is so far got all A's. It's kind of silly but I feel like a mom so proud of her kid for getting good grades and trying so hard. But I am really proud of him.

I am in Kristen's wedding tomorrow, so today is nails and rehearsal dinner, etc. Tomorrow though I am slightly disappointed because I miss Tour de Fat, the CSUvsCU game, and something else, which I can't remember what it is. But I am excited to be in the wedding and watch Kristen get married. There will definitely be some pics up because I absolutely LOVE my bridesmaids dress and I feel like a princess in it. It actually looks good on me too, so I am going to want to show it off. I need to find more things to do where I can get dressed up like that. Hmmm...."Hey Mike..."

No comments:

Post a Comment