Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life Lately

Weekend, hooray!!! Thought you all might want to know what is going on in our neck of the woods!

- I finished my final baseline sampling visit, so I'll be able to look over all the data I have and move forward with the rest of my research! Feels so good!

-Michael is working hard on his MBA. He is doing great and really likes it. He is staying ahead of all his classes and turning stuff in weeks before it is due. He is kind of putting me to shame in that area and my *ahem* procrastination with various homeworks and especially a certain lit review I should be writing

-We've both been riding bikes a lot, not only to stay in shape but to train for more races. Michael hopes to go to one of the races and race with me since he is a CSU student now too! He just has to get a weekend off. I skipped the races this weekend due to the asthma problems I had last weekend, the course lenght, and the fact it was in Durango. That is over 16hrs in a car that I was not excited about. the course length was also a little too long for the level I'm at right now. Next week though...I'm back racing.

-My dad came up to drop off a car for my sister since her's was dying. it was great to see him. he didn't stay too long, but we were able to go out to dinner, watch a movie, and have breakfast in the morning.

-We had a big BBQ at our place last night and has so many people show up! It was a ton of fun. Really spur of the moment, but that is how we seem to roll lately. Grilled up some bbq chicken, had some pasta salad, chips and the pan of brownies i made must have gone over well because they were all gone. Michael's friend Toby from high school even happened to be in CO last night and showed up for a little while! We are going to try to head to windsor tonight to say hi again before him and his wife leave.

-I have a technical conference for the IH professionals specifically in Colorado, in Denver not this coming week, but the next week, where I will be speaking on my career in IH and my research. I am really nervous about it. It is in front of so many professional people and i still feel like such a kid in college. this is the first step in my career search. It will open up a lot of local doors for me with possible job positions following my graduation (fingers crossed) in may.

-Tonight Michael and I are going to a concert. It is not a *real* concert per say, it is five bands, but it is called the 'So long to summer bash' and is put on by a local radio station. Tickets were only $10 and I like a couple of the songs from the singers they have I don't know if anyone listens to any of the pop radio right now but it is those kind of bands. I'll let you know how it goes. We'll probably leave a little early that way we can go see Toby in Windsor.

-Today is a very "fall" type day. It is cloudy and cool. The perfect morning for sipping coffee and baking. I might have to make some bread or cookies today. Sad story, I haven't picked up a shift at great harvest in while so our freezer is sadly lacking in bread. Working there has made me such a bread snob, I'm not sure I'll be able to buy store bought bread anymore!

-Again, not as if I need to point it out, but there is a lack of pictures on this blog, because I am lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment