Saturday I didn't have to go sample and I was in serious need of some exercise and to get way for some de-stressing, so Michael took me snowshoeing up at Cameron Pass. On the way there we listened to Christmas music and even saw a couple of Santa's reindeer.
Okay, not really, but I do believe we met the reindeers' cousins! Their big horn sheep colorado cousins!
They kind of had a complex, they thought they owned the road and did not want to get out of it for us (probably because their cousins are Santa's reindeer).
Okay, enough with my infatuation with reindeer. Back to snowshoeing. It was pretty epic, that's about all I can say about it. Michael tried to stick his ski pole all the way to the ground and counldn't, so there was over 3.5ft of snow and it just kept dumping more the whole time we were up there! It was exactly like one of the Christmas songs we listened to on the way up...like "walking in a winter wonderland." So imagine the song as you see these pictures!
"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the land, the snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland"
"Later on, we'll conspire, as we dream by the fire. We'll face unafraid, the plans that we've made, walking in a winter wonderland."
"When it snows, ain't it thrilling? Though your nose get's a chillin. We'll frolic and play, the eskimo way, walking in a winter wonderland."
There was so much snow! It doesn't really feel like christmas here because we have gotten absolutely no snow at all! We drove an hour and a half up the canyon and it actually looked like December, then you drive back to Fort Collins and it is sunny and 40 degrees. I really would love some snow, but the snowshoeing was excellent! I highly recommend going up there if you haven't already!



No comments:
Post a Comment