Saturday, January 1, 2011

"You'll shoot your eye out kid"

There was a deja vu kind of feeling similiar to a certain movie we have all seen at Christmas this year. Specifically when we pulled a box out from behind the tree for Michael. For Christmas I gave my husband a shotgun. It happened just like in the Christmas story when he get the BB gun he wants. Michael has been wanting this specific shotgun for awhile now. I did get the comment "ahh, so you guys are comfortable enough in your relationship to buy him a gun." What? What does that even mean? Your guess is as good as mine.

Anyway, I schemed with Bruce to have the shotgun wrapped under the tree when we arrived so I didn't have to cart it to Kansas. Face it, it is hard to hide the shape of a shotgun. Michael would have known what he was getting long before Christmas Eve. So of course he had to try it out!

 So we took two separate shooting expeditions. Clays were thrown, and demolished. Bottles were burst asunder. You know the drill, every boys dream.

 The second time we went shooting we went with Gina, Adam, and Michael's mom Nancy. Adam brought along a handgun and a .22 rifle. Great fun, despite the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment