I went to bed kind of late last night, and I didn't sleep exceptionally well. I've been somewhat frustrated with my thesis, being separated from Michael, and with some other situations in my life. My plan was to stay in bed and try to sleep in most of the morning, you know, having a pity party for myself, no one else allowed, but God knew what my plan was.
So what did God do, he sent me lovely piano music, playing directly above my head. It was kind of like a movie, where you have the music in the background that goes with the emotion in the film. I kid you not, real live piano music was playing while I laid in bed, I felt like my life had background music or a theme song. God knew that me allowing myself to succumb to my own self-pity was not going to help me, God knew.
Right after the piano music started playing, my phone began ringing. As if God was saying, "I'm making you get out of bed! There is no way you can sleep with the piano music playing, but you could have just laid there, now I'm going to make you actually get up out of bed." God knew what I needed to help me out.
It was Michael calling to tell me good morning, wish me a good day, and cheer up my morning. Another thing God knew I needed this morning. And then, it all was quiet. The piano music stopped, Michael had to hang up, and I knew that God cared, and that He cared enough about me to help me to get out of bed. To help me realize that I am not alone, and He is in the situation.
That God knows.
I know this is kind of silly, I was almost too embarrassed to share it, but I'm sure you have all had days where you didn't want to get out of bed. I realize I had the luxury to actually carry that plan out because there is nowhere I really have to be. This is just a little, almost comical reminder about how God cares about us, even the silly things. It helped me to remember I can trust Him, because He knows. He knows Megan is very sick. He knows that Michael and I are separated right now and it is very hard. He knows Michael is working a lot and trying to get used to a new place, causing Michael lots of stress. He knows that I am stranded here, not knowing when I will be able to finish because of circumstances out of my control (my advisor is very ill and has not been in for over a week, I am stuck, I can't work on anything or prepare anything until he gets back, he has to sign off on everything, and he is going to be swamped once he does get back). So whatever it is you think that no one understands, or knows what you need.
God knows. And not only does He know, He cares.
(P.S. Martha is a lovely piano player and she had no idea I was still home at 7:30am this morning, she thought I had gone to school already, hence why she felt comfortable playing. The piano is directly above the room I sleep in, and directly above the bed in that room!)
No comments:
Post a Comment