Monday, February 21, 2011

Saturdays and Snowshoeing

This is the full moon I saw on...I think it was Thursday. It was amazing, this picture doesn't do it justice. The moon was so big and low, it just stood out in the sky as the sun set.


I spend this weekend mostly with friends. I enjoy staying busy so I filled my days up completely. Saturday morning Martha made me some delicious waffles, the kind with whip cream and strawberries, yum!! Then we met up with some people from our church for a day of snowshoeing.





Some of our friends brought their 2 little boys (6months and 2years) and had them in a backpack and a sled. With the faithful hound of course. Geronimo (sp?) is some kind of lab mix and he loves the snow!
This is Ashton testing out the snow shoes, she has never been on a pair before

This is Martha, who I am staying with, she is one of the kindest ladies you'll ever meet.

It was such a beautiful day! A little windy but not too cold. We all ended up shedding a ton of layers on the way up.
Our destination--Zimmerman Lake

Ashton and I, enjoying our day in the snow

We tried to do a group picture but it is hard to do in the snow, with dogs, and little kids. There is one, but I didn't get it on my camera.
On the way back down, Martha, Ashton, and I tried to run down the hills. No small feat in snow shoes let me tell  ya! We got back to the Fort around 4pm, giving me just enough time to fix my hat hair and go to Megan's house to cook dinner with her. She is doing well and thank you all for the prayers for her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment