Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grilled Pizza (Funk Grill Chronicles episode 1)

After how well the chicken worked, and how much Mike and I remember that we like grilling, we are now on a grilling spree. We'll have to see how many days we can make it in a row using the new grill. It shouldn't be too difficult, we love to eat.

Last night, it was actually nice here...go figure...and not raining. We were able to go for a great bike ride.   When we got home, we decided to make a grilled pizza. Yep, I mean a homemade pizza cooked on the grill. My dough was really sticky, and we had a hard time getting it on the pizza stone in the grill, but we somehow finagled it with only a minor, very small burn occuring on one family member. 

Adding chopped garlic, makes the pizza delicious and the kisses intersting
Parden the frumpy look. We had just got done with that bike ride and my hair was a mess and I just threw some clothes on so we could get dinner started.

Who said girls can't grill?
Mike is also sporting the frumpy look, which I believe for guys is called "homeless person." Now you know, frumpy is for girls, homeless is for guys. You don't really ever tell guys the look frumpy (you probably shouldn't ever tell girls they look frumpy, trust me, it will end badly every time). You tell guys they look like a homeless person. Not that I have anything against homeless people, but thats not what we're talking about right now, moving on.

Mike trying to get the pizza to move over. It was growing off the pizza stone into the grill grates.

Ain't she a beauty?
 I told you we were grill crazy. We also grilled some veggies to go with the pizza. They turned out awesome too, gotta loved sauteed veggies!

Michael got to the veggies before I could take a photo, hence the half gone plate

Our monster turkey sausage, garlic, onion, and mushroom pizza cooking up nicely. When I made the crust I also put cheese in it for a stuffed crust pizza!


It was delicious! If you had ever wondered what else you could cook on the grill, the possibilities are endless! I might need to start a series called the "Funk Grill Chronicles." Mike is talking about doing eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns tomorrow on the grill.  I'm thinking pancakes need to go in there somewhere. Who knows, stay tuned for another exciting adventure of the Funk Grill Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment