Well, you can't go exploring without a good breakfast, can you? This is our mushroom, green pepper, garlic, onion, and feta cheese omelets! Yum! (This was for you Bruce! :-)
On Sunday we were blessed with another nice 60 degree day without rain so we had to take advantage of it! We again drove to Spokane to go Mountain biking.
![]() |
| Yes, I actually rode this ramp! I was so proud of myself! |
Good riding, with a busy, busy, day! As soon as we got back, Mike had a call from a biking guy in town to go for another bike ride on the road. I needed to clean up my knees so I let him go, but was going to meet him and his friend out at the lake for a short BBQ after their ride and before our Bible study. I had to clean up, load up the truck, run to the store for brats and buns, then drive out to the point. Well, the little grill didn't work, so dinner ended up being cous-cous & veggie salad along with sunchips, but oh well. Michael literally had 7 minutes to take off his bike stuff and wash his face before we needed to head out to go to Bible study. We are really enjoying our small group! There is quite an age disparity but we are loving the people and how much we are learning.
Monday we decided to forgo biking for a day (shocker, I know) and we hiked around Tubbs Hill by Coeur d'Alene Lake. It was pretty overcast and our photos don't do this area justice! It was so pretty! Mom, all I could think about was taking Daniel and Hannah here in the summer to go swimming and have a picnic! There were so many little beach areas and the water was so clear!
| Soaking up the rays, sorta, it was pretty overcast. |
We even got to see a snake!
And there was a quaint little bridge to walk over!
It was a little humid too but not overpoweringly humid. I love how green it is here. Michael and I both do. And how dense the forrest is! Mom, you have got to come out here! You are going to love it!
That was our weekend! Last night we made cookies for the neighbors and tried to go meet the ones around us but a lot of them weren't home. We met a really neat couple who live above us who just moved from Provo (spell?) Utah and are here for the summer. It is starting to feel like home here...but we still miss you all!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment