Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years 2011-2012

This specific new year will be very memorable for us.  Not because we had a crazy party, or did something awesome, but because we spent it in our new house!  It was so crazy to think that 2012 our lives for 2012 begins with owning our first home and having it be a completely new experience.  

Many of you are probably tired of hearing about it :-) But we can't believe how different it feels to live in a house rather than an apartment, and know that we own it!  It kind of drives me crazy in a sense as well.    I have lived in apartments for 8 years, so now seeing that the tub needs re-caulking sends me into a panic because I know I could be rotting my walls!  Before I would not have given it a second glance. 

So here is how we spent our new year's eve, and then I will share my resolutions. 

My sister came up in the afternoon to see the house and hang out a bit.  After she had to leave, we went out to dinner with my amazing friend and former roommate Megan!  She happened to be in Denver and came by to see the house.  I am so glad she was able to come by, she is such a sweetheart to make the trip.

Even though it is an old friend, it is still a new year!
My dad was still up helping us work on the house, so after dinner with Megan and she left, we rented a movie and all hunkered down in our new basement (my little brother Daniel included) to watch the movie and eat popcorn. 

My dad so kindly brought two bottles of champagne to toast in the new year as well as to our new home, so we gladly obliged. 




Michael and I actually made it to midnight!  Hello 2012!!

I'm not usually one to make resolutions, but this year I wanted to make a point to change some things and add some things to my life.

  1. I want to read my Bible more this year.  I love spending time with the Lord but this past year has taken a toll on my quiet time.  2012 I'm going to make a conscious effort!
  2. Breathe deeply and stretch more
  3. Take more pictures :-)
  4. My word for the year, contentment.  I want to be content and joyful with my life and share that with others.
Here is to 2012!  I wonder if it will trump all the changes we had in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment