Monday, February 6, 2012

Snow

Our weekend was completely full of snow, literally.  We probably got about 17in total.  I didn't think Michael was going to make it home!  So many flights were being cancelled on Thursday night.  Somehow, Michael's flight wasn't one of them and he was only delayed 2.5hrs.  

I planned ahead and had rented several movies and had chicken in the crock pot for Friday night, but for the rest of the weekend, Michael and I planned our schedule around fun, snowy activities.  

We went to Breckenridge to go skiing on Saturday morning.  Unfortunately, while Denver may have gotten a foot of snow, Breck only received two inches. Enough for Michael and I to not see any rocks on the slopes.  We only got about 2.5 hrs of skiing in before having to stop because we had both messed up the bottoms of our skis.  Moral of the story, don't try to ski the back bowls when there is no snow. Our skis are currently being repaired but should be ready to go by next weekend!

So we got home early and I decided our front yard needed something... 

 
Our street faces a fairly main street to a public pool, so I hope everyone enjoyed my Milwaukee snowman.


What else do you do when the weather is snowy?  Eat warm, delicious comfort foods, like cinnamon rolls! I think I have finally found the best recipe ever!  So delicious and you can make them the night before and bake them in the morning so you don't have to get up early.


Or you can try sledding down your deck stairs. 



Or if you are me, you beg your husband to take you snowshoeing!


And if you are my husband, you don't use snowshoes and then run down hills with a foot of snow as fast as you can.



Man I love mountains and snow!


pardon my finger in the shot! these were taken on my phone!


No comments:

Post a Comment