I think everyone has been in that position, you know the one, where your doctor says you should do something, but it is really expensive and may not tell you anything. That is where we are. I wrote the post awhile ago about how I had been diagnosed with many food sensitivities and possibly had celiac's disease. Well, I finally got into a specialist and of course they told me, "well the tests aren't really that accurate, you may have those sensitivities, you may not. But what you really need to do is a upper endoscopy. That will find out if you really do have celiac's disease since your celiac blood tests were inconclusive."
Huh? So, I may have these issues, but I may not. And to only diagnose one of the issues we would have to do a $1200 test. On the flip side, if I do this test, then I basically know once and for all if I have celiac's, which would be so nice to know for sure since it has been speculated for so long! But for $1200? When the test could be negative? That doesn't mean that I don't have it. It might just mean that I may be better off not eating it, and that I don't have the full blown disease and just a sensitivity. Decisions, decisions.
I was feeling pretty good for awhile, cutting all the other stuff (wheat, eggs, pork, soy) but it started to get really hard, and I started feeling worse. Plus, to even do this upper endoscopy. I have to eat wheat, for at least 2-3 weeks beforehand so my test results will be accurate. So if I am going to do it, I need to eat wheat again. Craziness. So I'm not sure what I should do. I want to feel better, I want to do what my body needs, I want to know if I have celiac's, but I don't want to pay money we don't really have.
Thanks for letting me vent again.
No comments:
Post a Comment