Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Color Run 2012


This past Saturday I ran in a 5K run with a coworker and her sister.  This run was adequately named "The Color Run."   We were told to wear white t-shirts and were given headbands and a temporary tattoo.  In our packets there was also a bag of red powder, which we had no idea what to do with.  So we took our before picture, and headed to the starting line.



First of all, there were so many people at this race!!  They  were releasing people in waves. We were in the third wave and when we finished running, they were still releasing waves, I think I heard that there was between 8,000 and 10,000 people that showed up!  But back to the color.

Waiting at the starting line
We opened up one of our color bags and kind of dumped it all over ourselves. So that is the red you see in the picture.  But how the run worked was that at every K (so at 1K, 2K, 3K, etc) there was a different color being sprayed on the runners, so at the end of the run you look like you were painted by a 3 year old.
The ground at the start
I thought the color was going to be an actual paint, but it was a colored powder made of cornstarch.  We successfully ran the entire 5K and aftwards, here is what you get!


At the end, you were supposed to have saved your color pouches and everyone opened them up at once.  They had a DJ playing and then vendors and free goods.




It was so much fun!  I had a great time.  


My coworker and I
Believe it or not, all that color did come off.  It was the most colorful shower I ever took.  My clothes came clean too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment