I have only had time this past week for some quick little one-photo'ers. Mike and I have both been traveling, him all over the state and to Kansas City and me to Indianapolis. Of course these trips have to completely oppose our schedules. As soon as Mike gets back, I leave, and as soon as I get back, Mike leaves again. Such is life I guess.
I was excited to see when I got back that my garden has taken off! It has been really, really warm here lately, hovering around 100 degrees (yikes!) so the plants seem to be doing better. Unfortunately that means that our house is really, really hot as well. We don't have air conditioning so it has been pretty warm here lately according to Mike, now I will get to see that since it is my turn home.
| Zucchini and Kohlrabi |
| Holey Spinach |
| Pumpkins! |
| Tomato plants |
And our tomato plants are finally growing. Hopefully we get some tomatoes this year!
| Peas, Cauliflower, lettuce, and kale |
Our peas have really taken off too, and Michael said he was able to eat a pea pod last night. The other reason I may not get any veggies from my garden is I'm afraid Michael will eat them all, and never tell me. :-)
In other life updates, I run my half marathon tomorrow (ahhhh!!). I did not plan that well. I feel really exhausted and kind of icky after they week in Indianapolis with the time change (2 hours difference) and eating out for an entire week, hopefully I can pull it together today. I am trying to take it easy.
My father-in-law had knee surgery this past week so if you could keep him and his healing in your prayers we would greatly appreciate it. And it is my nephew's birthday too! I can't believe he is two already. It seems like yesterday my sister-in-law was pregnant with him.
And summer is here! I am so excited and sad because I have watched all our weekends fill up and I wish we could do more hiking, biking, and camping. Unfortunately there is a huge fire ban on the state right now. And if you have been watching the news, the high park fire in Fort Collins is still burning. That fire is a sad one for Mike and I because it is burning up some of the fun places we remember biking and hiking while we were in Fort Collins. Everyone pray for rain! Now I have to get back to unpacking, I still haven't done that yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment