I'm a week behind on my posting, so I apologize. But last Saturday (the 25th of August) the pro cycling tour came through Denver. Mike had to work, so I hopped on my road bike and biked about ten miles to an intersection where I knew the race would cross. It started in Golden, so I wanted to avoid heading that way as much as possible because I figured people and traffic would be awful!
I ended up having to wait 30-40 minutes for the teams to come through. It was kind of like a parade because all the aid cars came through first with all the bike parts and such.
When they finally came through, it was over in all of thirty seconds. They just flew by. The lead pack had about 7 racers in it.
Then there was one straggler.
And then the whole peloton came through, they ride so close! It looks like they are going to hit one another.
And just like that it was over. But cool to see still and a great activity for me since Mike had to work, plus I got my exercise in! It would be really neat to have the fitness and ability that these guys have.
No comments:
Post a Comment