We did really good with pictures for the mini-vacation, and then I failed at this wedding. Boo! I'm trying to learn people, give me time!
So, we flew out Thursday and arrived in Milwaukee kind of late Thursday night, so we just stayed the night in Milwaukee. My mom came with us, and it was really neat to spend time with her! When we woke up on Friday, we drove the two hours to Appleton to meet up with my Grandpa. We had lunch and then Grandpa, my mom, and my Uncle D (my mom's oldest brother) took us for a tour of Appleton/Neenah/Menasha area. My mom partly grew up there. It was great to see where my mom lived, where she went to school, and just learn some fun history of my family.
After the tour, it was a marathon of visiting family. Just a disclaimer, my mom's family is large. She is one of 7 children, which means that I have 18 cousins. Yeah...
We got to see almost everyone, but as I said, we don't have many pictures at all. It was such a whirlwind that we didn't even think to pull out the camera sometimes. But after visiting until 10:00pm with some of the family, we headed to Green Bay (Go Pack Go!) to where we were staying with my Aunt B and Uncle M.
Then the wedding was Saturday already! Time just really flew on this trip. It felt like we landed and then we were already back at the airport to go home to Denver.
But we couldn't make a stop in Wisconsin without getting Michael some real cheese curds!
If you have never had Wisconsin cheese curds, bribe someone from Wisconsin to bring some back for you. And eat them at room temperature so they squeak in your teeth when you eat them. Sounds gross, I know, but I kid you not! They are the best. And the best ones really are from Wisconsin.
My cousin H's wedding was beautiful, and she was a beautiful bride. We got to meet her husband when they came and visited Colorado a couple months back.
| Me, Michael, and my Mom |
I have to add, that Michael did amazing getting to know the family! There were so many of them and he did his best and actually kept everyone straight!
At the reception, things got a little rowdy and it was a fun time. The photo below is of my grandpa, his new wife Teri (they got married awhile ago, but my grandma died when I was 13) and Michael. My grandpa is being a goof.
| My grandpa accidently got his thumb in the picture |
Here are some of the cousins, just two, but they are pretty fun. I couldn't believe that it had been four years since I had seen most of the family! Yikes! It was really hard to get back with flights, school, getting married, moving, but hopefully now we can take a trip out there more regularly.
| Geez, we went forever without pictures of us and now we have a ton! |
Michael being, well, Michael.
Here is a lovely candid shot that Michael got of my Aunt M and my mom.
Like I said, such a fast trip. It didn't seem to scare Michael too much so he has said he is game for going back again. I hope that we can see them more often now.

No comments:
Post a Comment