Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Megan

Okay, this may be a tear jerker.  If you have been reading my blog at all, you will know I lost one of my closest friends and confidants, Megan, this past May.   Well, her birthday was October 2nd, she would be turning 28 this year.  And now she is forever 27, how many women would love that!  (not being morbid, just some humor, Megan is laughing in Heaven at this I'm sure!)

Anyway, I wanted to say something, or commemorate, or just let people know to not forget that life is so short and sweet, and you need to hold onto every day, every person, and even every birthday with joy, because you do not know your time here, or theirs.  *I am not going to cry, I'm not going to cry*

I dove into the picture vault and found these.  *and I'm crying, darn it!*  Here is Megan on her 23rd birthday.  Lindsey and I were her roommates at the time and we had a little birthday party for her.  (Lindsey, you look amazing in these photos, well, you still look amazing, I look like a hobo)

Megan is in the center, Lindsey is on the right.  We are celebrating at Olive Garden!


We took her to Olive Garden for dinner and then brought out the Dairy Queen oreo ice cream cake for dessert.  That girl loved her oreos!  it was something always in her cabinet.

Lindsey getting goofy, we were all pretty goofy
 Disclaimer: I am 20 in these photos and had not yet learned fashion.  Lindsey and Megan were desperately teaching me, so don't judge my style!  It was the "functional style".  I worked in a lot of labs...
How do we cut this darn thing?! 

"What's that? You like your oreos double stuffed?"

"Broken oreo? Megan, how terrible!"
Yum!
Lindsey wrote this!  Isn't it awesome?!


In amidst of all the roommate struggle and hard times that came, that year with her and Lindsey was one of the most memorable that I had.  Lindsey, I am so sorry that we fought so much.  Megan, thank you for always being a great friend to Lindsey and I and helping us not argue about the thermostat.  We miss you and happy forever 27 birthday up there!  I bet Jesus makes the best oreo cakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment