Sunday, day 5, was Superbowl Sunday!! My friend and I had made plans to go skiing Sunday morning before our Superbowl parties. We braved the traffic and had an awesome day skiing.
![]() |
| Top of the mountain to you! |
It was a little hard to pack food, because I usually bring a sandwich or granola bar skiing, but I can't really do that right now, and may not ever again. I knew that if I ate a good breakfast, I could probably make it back to the car and grab a snack on the way home. I ate some leftover egg skillet on the way up to the mountain and that lasted me all morning. We stopped skiing at 1:30 p.m. and I was able to eat some cold leftover pumpkin pancakes that I had grabbed from the fridge. Not bad, and it allowed me not to starve while we were on our way home. Traffic was not great, but it definitely could have been worse. Note to self for further years.
We went to a Superbowl party at my coworkers house and Mike and I decided we were still going to follow our new dietary guidelines. It was a little hard because there was so much tasty looking food, but we are committed. We passed up the cookies, cupcakes, and pizza and opted for the veggie tray, the bowl of fresh guacamole Michael made, and the platter of chicken sausages. And we did have a hard cider again.
Let me tell you something, I don't know if you are like me, but at big gatherings or parties, when there is so much food like that, I am usually constantly having the conversation with myself, "Only one more cookie," or "No more chips." But this time, I was literally halfway through a plate of food, and I was full, I literally couldn't make myself eat anymore, even though I wanted to. I used to always overeat and walk out of parties so stuffed. Mike and I have both felt like this while eating this week. We have noticed that we don't ever get to that stuffed point. We stop way before then, when we are full. I had read about this in a couple articles, about how sugar and grains cause cravings and kind of chemical imbalance in your brain, which is why you just want to keep eating them after you are full, but we have both really experienced that now. It is like being a little kid again, when your mom gives you a plate of food and you eat half of it and don't want the rest because you are full. We never seem to do that as adults anymore. I thought that was interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment