Michael and I are not good about taking it easy. Here I said I needed a nice lazy Saturday, and we made it lazy, until about 2 p.m. in the afternoon. Then we let it get crazy again. We do it to ourselves, but this time it came back and bit us. Anyway...
Friday night Mike's coworker who used to live in Colorado flew into town to go skiing over the weekend. Saturday morning he was going to leave really early to hit the slopes, before Mike and I woke up. Well, his rental car wouldn't start and he asked Mike for some help and then we all just ended getting up and drinking coffee. I really wanted something for breakfast besides fried or scrambled eggs, so I decided to try these pumpkin spice waffles.
![]() |
| Day 10 - Pumpkin Spice Waffles |
They were a hit. They were a little more crumbly than normal waffles, but really good. Mike's coworker actually liked them more than regular waffles. He asked if it was a mix he could buy at a store. So here is the recipe. I can't quite remember where I found it, but this is how I made them with some of my changes. I really didn't measure when I made them, so you may need to tweak the recipe a little when you make it.
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Waffles:
Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin (or pureed pumpkin)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 4 TBS Coconut Flour
- 2 TBS Almond Butter or Sunbutter
- 1/2 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 TBS Maple Syrup
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp. Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt.
Directions:
- Plug in your waffle iron and allow it to heat up.
- Whisk eggs, then whisk in coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Do not let you coconut oil get too hot when you melt it. You do not want to cook the eggs.
- Next mix in the pumpkin, unsweetened coconut, coconut flour, nut or seed butter, and all the spices and dry ingredients.
- Batter should be a little bit running, enough to pour, but it should be kind of thick. You can add more coconut milk if it is too thick.
- Make sure to spray your waffle maker well. Then ladle the batter onto the waffle iron and allow to cook for 3-4 min.
- Top with butter and a tiny bit of maple syrup, or eat with almond butter and sliced fruit. Yum!

No comments:
Post a Comment