Monday, February 25, 2013

Days 24 and 25 - 30 Day Challenge

Colorado has decided to bless us with snow, finally!  I love skiing and wish I could go more often, but it is a very expensive sport and traffic to the mountains on the weekends is always a nightmare.  But that didn't stop me this weekend.  

On Friday, I was able to go skiing with a friend of mine who is moving back to the east coast, specifically Philly.  She is very excited and I am excited for her.  I am also really excited because she wants me to come and visit and I have always wanted to go to Philly.  Now I have a place to stay while I'm there!

Playing slacker from work and skiing instead
Saturday (Day 24) I went skiing with my coworker.  We found a stash of powder, so fun!  It was a great snow day up there for sure.  We wore ourselves out.

Look at the pow!
Sunday (Day 25), Denver was graced with 10 inches of snow!!  Mike and I woke up to snow and it snowed all day.  Michael is really a child and heart, and he could not be cooped up in the house all day of that snow day, so he had to gear up and go ride his bike in the snow.


Eating this weekend shifted from being paleo, to be gluten free.  I did have grains this weekend.  I had some brown rice and some quinoa (pronounced keen-wa).  I still don't plan on consuming grains often.  Quinoa was one of the grains that my naturopath said that I should keep eating because of how high in protein it is.
We used it like rice for a shrimp stir fry that I made.


Since Sunday was such a cold, snowy day, a crock pot meal was in order.  Our fridge was absolutely empty, but we cut up a butternut squash I had and an onion and threw those in the crock pot.  I topped that with some frozen chicken, a can of diced tomatoes with green chilis, a can of black beans, a can of corn, and some taco seasoning.  We had no idea what it would turn out like, but it ended up being chicken taco soup with butternut squash.



 It was really good, actually.  So at least now we have soup leftovers to get us through the week.  I am definitely going to have to go to the store by Wednesday.

So yes, these meals had some "no" paleo foods, but I seemed to do fine with both of them.  I haven't really felt great all week so I'm not sure if it is food related or what.  I am supposed to have dinner with my friend Monday night before we do a fun painting class, but the restaurant is a pizza place, so I might cheat on some gluten free pizza again and see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment