Friday, March 8, 2013

Paleo Challenge Update

I apologize for the lack of posting.  It got a little crazy here, pretty stressful, and a little contemplative so I just didn't have time or was not ready to post anything.  I've had a couple more doctor's visits so at some point I will have to write about those.

But first, we were blessed with the time to head back to my parents house and spend some time with my side of the family.  We went skiing with all of them on Saturday.  Michael and I made sure to do some of the back bowl skiing, where you have to hike.


Michael was very upset that my finger got in his picture, but it was so cold!  That sneaky little thing must have slipped down at just the right time...


My little sister, she is quite the ski bunny.


After skiing we enjoyed some wonderful drinks and appetizers by the fire before dinner.


My little sister is also an aspiring trumpet player.  Being able to play laying down shows your extreme skill I guess... :-)


And then we just hung out and relaxed around my parents house.  Michael enjoyed playing with my camera phone and not giving it back...







So there you go!  And yes, I mostly have been eating paleo, but have started eating more just gluten free, meaning I have had some rice and a little gluten free bread.  Sometimes there is just not much to eat or especially if you have to pack something.  I started running out of options.  My mom made an amazing paleo chili recipe for us while we were home, I mean, really good.  I think it was better than any chili recipe I have ever made.

And I am pretty sure we will keep eating like this for the most part.  We eat so much better this way and generally feel better, which is important. The stress these past weeks has made it hard to differentiate overall feelings of well being, but I know for me, that when I am stressed, I tend to gravitate towards food, not away from it.  So telling myself that I will not eat the cookies, desserts, or breads has helped to control stress eating.  It is hard to stress eat on carrots and red bell pepper strips.  :-)

Same old, same old on all other fronts.  As much as we try to not let our work control our lives, it does. We just seem to keep getting busier and busier.  Michael's job situation is still the same, they threaten to let him go, we stress out, and then they leave us alone, so we'll continue to see how long that lasts.  My work is still good, just way.too.busy.  I have so many projects going and reports due that I can't seem to keep it all straight.  But otherwise is still good.  I do still love my job and the people I work with, which is so important.

So, again, sorry for the posting delays, I made some killer food last night so hopefully I will get a chance to post that.  And I will post part 2 of the health posts at some point too, I just want to have all the info first.  Have a great weekend everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment