Hi, it's me. I don't really have much to say, or write about, but I thought I would check in on the blog here. There is not too much going on now. After the big weekend in Salt Lake and finding a place to live, things are kind of settling down. Michael and I are easing into our new schedules that we will have to continue for the next month. I know it will go by so fast!
It is Cinco De Mayo this weekend, so I am going to have to eat some Mexican food. I love mexican food. It is so easy, and so delicious. Chips and salsa should be a food group, so I could eat them more.
Have I been keeping up on my healthy eating regimen? Not so well. I am trying to eat up all the food in our house, and that makes for some weird meals devoid of fresh ingredients. I will let you know that I am still trying to eat healthy as possible, but I have been slipping lately.
My breakfasts have at least been healthy. I have been making smoothies with a bunch of fresh spinach in them. You heard me, spinach. It has to be fresh though, then you do not taste it at all and have no idea it is in there. I use plain greek yogurt, baby spinach leaves, frozen blueberries, and some milk or orange juice to thin it. If I am not using orange juice, I will usually add a little honey or a banana to sweeten it up. The smoothie is blue, not green if you are using blueberries, and you have no idea it is full of spinach leaves. And I put a lot of spinach in too. If you want even more protein, add a scoop or two of protein powder of your choice. I have been using hemp protein because whey protein seems to make my stomach not feel very good.
So there is my quick, picture-less update. Maybe I'll do something cool this weekend. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment