Wednesday, June 12, 2013

1st Weekend in Utah

My first full weekend in Utah was a great one!  We went for a bike ride in the morning before it got too hot (I know, many of you probably want to strangle me, it is just so.hard.to.stop!) I promise once the bike clothes don't fit anymore, I will stop biking, because then that means my belly is too big and my balance is thrown off anyway.  And like I said, I am doing easy, non-rocky, safe bike trails.  No downhill or anything like that!

After our short little ride, I was done, but Michael needed more.  So we came up with the most amazing compromise!  I dropped him off at another trail-head and I got a pedicure, how awesome is that! :-)

Saturday night, Michael had an event for work for one of his distributors.  It was a big tailgate party for the Real Salt Lake Soccer Game!  


I had so much fun!  Watching soccer is fun, it is so active and holds your interest really well.  And it was perfect weather.

I tried to get this picture to see the mountains in the background, in the upper right-hand corner, but you can't really see them.  It was a cool stadium.


Anyway, it was such a fun night!  We didn't end up getting home until almost 11pm that night because we hung out a little more after the game to avoid the traffic.

Sunday we went to one of the churches close to our house and then decided that we wanted to do some hiking Sunday afternoon.

We went up the Big Cottonwood Canyon to Solitude and Brighton ski resorts and hiked around for about 2.5 hours.

Again, the reason we hiked so long is because I hiked so slow...I don't push myself, well, I really can't anymore, my body has been really great about giving me a cutoff.

At the top, Michael took some pictures of him with a panorama of surroundings.  We tried to from silver lake to twin lake and solitude lake, we think this is twin lake.  We ended up taking a different trail and finding solitude lake later, but I don't have any pictures.

Mountain Lake, maybe twin lake?



It was really hot in Salt Lake on Sunday, like 95 in the city.  Up the canyon though, it was only 80, perfect for hiking.

You can kind of see my belly!  I admit that when I lean certain ways, it sticks out more, and I may have been leaning like that on purpose to not look fat and look more pregnant...
To me, it is always neat to hike on ski resorts without the snow, it is crazy to see everything that is under that snow you are skiing on!  Michael is standing on a run and you can see the ski signs behind him.  Think, all those rocks and boulders are buried under enough snow that you usually do not know they are there! (unless there is not enough coverage)  That is a lot of snow!


Sunday night after all that hiking was a pizza and strawberry shortcake fest with a movie.  Ahh, I love weekends, and I do enjoy being hungrier while pregnant, I like food...

Michael and I both had so much fun we weren't ready for the week to start, but it did.  And for me, work has been much better this week now that I got my desk set up and I stopped working off a laptop.  Here's to weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment