Tuesday, July 2, 2013

19+ Weeks

Whew!  Time is flying, although Michael and I agreed last night that the end of my pregnancy doesn't seem to be getting any nearer, even though we are getting farther along. This is going to cover my 20 week post as well, since I will be out of town.  That is why it is extra long.

1st Try, Michael wanted to be in the pic too
This post isn't directly on 19 weeks, I waited until after my ultrasound on Monday so I would have some ultrasound pics to put up.

19 Weeks, 3 Days
 Michael and I stayed strong and did not find out the gender during our ultrasound!  My sister wanted me to have the tech write it down and give it to her, but I don't want anyone to know.  Sorry Jamie!  :-)

These ultrasound pics all downloaded weird ways, so sorry.

Side profile, looking like it wants to suck its thumb
 The baby measured right on, so we are still set for our Nov. 22nd, 2013 due date.  And we could not believe the facial details we could see in the ultrasound.  I feel like I can actually see what my baby's head and face will look like!  Peanut has such a cute nose. :-)

Just the foot print, sorry its upside down. 

How are you feeling?  Definitely starting to get that belly and more...  I am officially out of all my old clothes, except for those which were a little big.  I can barely squeeze anything on.  It is weird because I don't feel that much bigger, but all my clothes now say that I am.  I also noticed that I was way more emotional this week.   An example: it was our anniversary the other night and Michael and I went to the play "Fiddler on the Roof."  I love this play and have seen it so many times, but watching it last night I could not believe how many times I teared up and it is not even a sad play!  Stuff just affects me so differently right now!

Weight Gain?  Yep, looks like another pound.  I've been a little depressed about that this week because I have so far to go, and feel like I have already gained so much!  I'm sure it doesn't help that my exercising has kind of waned.  I was hoping I would be one of those mamas who only got a cute bump and gained weight only in her belly, but alas, it was not meant to be, I guess I am destined to gain weight all over.  I wonder if every pregnancy will be like that?  I think that is one reason I am really going to like coming back to these these posts, I can revisit them for later pregnancies and remember some of these little details.

Food Cravings?  None this week, although I have had several aversions this week, which is weird.  The first was Monday night last week when we went to Red Iguana, a Mexican place.  They are famous for their mole.  Well, they brought out all their flavors of mole to try and after one taste, I knew I could not taste it again.  Wow, the aversion was so strong I had trouble eating my meal because I could smell Mike and Andy's meals that were covered in mole.  Second, was for our anniversary.  We went to a Sushi/Japanese place called Mikado.  I can't really eat sushi so I ordered the Japanese noodles with chicken, which I normally love.  Well, they had a weird spice in their noodles that I couldn't place.  I didn't like it, but I was still going to eat my meal, even though I wasn't enjoying it.  I asked the waitress about the spice and she admitted that she didn't know what it was and that she wasn't a fan either, so I ordered something else.  I can't remember ever having to have my food sent back before because I strongly disliked it.  Although that aversion wasn't as bad, I could have choked down the meal, but it wouldn't have been fun.

Sleeping?  Still really good. My family and friends can tell you I have never been a great sleeper, but this second trimester I am a sleeping champ.  I can sleep in like nobodies business (well, really only until 8am :-).  I have definitely had more back pain lately, but it doesn't seem to have really interrupted my sleep.  I do really need my sleep right now.  I turn into such a grouch when I am tired!  Poor Michael.

Milestones?  Our mid pregnancy ultrasound has happened!  I was so excited that Michael got to see the baby.  Although Peanut didn't do any neat tricks for dad on the ultrasound.  I feel like it made it all the more real.  On Friday last week I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move for the first time.  If just felt like a push from inside.  Then at the ultrasound, when the tech was pressing on my tummy I definitely was feeling the baby move around.  That makes me happy!   I'm more in tune to what it feels like and I feel Peanut more often now.  Michael is already trying to feel the baby move, but I think it is a little early to feel it from the outside.

Interesting Notes?  I picked up a copy of "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" at a garage sale last week and started reading that.  She is all about natural childbirth.  I will admit, this part about pregnancy (labor) has me terrified right now.  I have no idea what I actually want to do or what I will be able to do when the time comes.  It's a good thing that I have 21 weeks-ish to get ready.


 BabyFruit Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment