- Steal your husbands shirts. I like to work out in tank tops, but my tanks became too small very quick. So I used my husbands undershirts, or wife beaters as they are known, to work out in. Roomy, light, airy, and most of all, comfortable.
- Shop clearance racks. Maternity clothes can be really pricey, but I have been having great luck with clearance racks. I was able to get several tanks and shirts for around $4.50 each. Way cheaper than the $15-$20 they were originally. Yard sales will sometimes have maternity clothes too, but this is more hit or miss. Craigslist was another place to look, or whatever site people can post things to sell that is in your area.
- Yard sale and thrift store for baby clothes. This summer, I visited several yard sales that had gently used baby clothes. When you can pick up a cute jumper for $0.50 instead of $10.00 at Target, I call that a steal. Plus, the kids grow so fast in the beginning anyway! I know it is fun to buy some new cute clothes, and I probably will, but this is something that my mom taught me when my little brother and sister were born. SO. MUCH. CHEAPER! I shared before that I was able to get a whole grocery bag of newborn-3 month baby items (onesies, jumpers, wash rags, socks) for only $5.00. I don't have everything I need by any means, but I will be looking at these options after the baby is born and growing like a weed!
- Track your daily food intake. This one helped me at first to figure our how much I was eating and if I was eating enough of the nutrients they want you to eat during pregnancy. It really helped me see that I was overdoing it a little bit on the calories, and not getting enough protein and some other vitamins. I use myfitnesspal and really like it. It doesn't have a pregnancy specific calorie intake, but you can use just your height and weight and say you either want to maintain or gain 0.5lbs a week. It was just really helpful for visually helping me see that I needed to eat a little better and definitely get more protein in my diet.
- Look at the Library for Pregnancy and Baby books. Buying books can be so expensive. I found there were so many pregnancy and baby books to check out at the library! They have all the common books that you see as well.
- Put down the pregnancy and baby books. That being said, take my point above with some caution. This may sound weird, but if you are anything like me, you get information overload and start to worry about everything! Plus, I've had sound advice from many mothers that all those books are great guidelines, but kids are all so different and not everything works for everyone, etc. I'm not saying be ignorant, but I know for me, I stress when there is so much information in my brain and so many different opinions on one thing or another and I'm trying to make a decision! I am not good at this, I love information, but it does drive me crazy.
That's all I have for now. :-) Maybe something of this will be useful to someone else!
No comments:
Post a Comment