![]() |
| 31 Weeks, 2 Days |
How are you feeling? Overall, I'm still feeling good, although I feel like I should start knocking on wood. Besides the occasional heartburn, which seems to occur when I eat cooked tomatoes, I really don't have any other issues. My only real problem this week has been allergies. They have been TERRIBLE, waking me up in the middle of the night with itchy eyes and nose. I also haven't been able to sleep in lately, so I'm a little more tired. Everyone keeps telling me I am small for my pregnancy and that is probably why I am still feeling so great. My stomach is measuring normal though, so I'm not sure what "small" means.
Weight Gain? Speaking of which, I have an appointment next week with my midwife and I will get weighed again.
Cravings/Aversions? I am starting to have a little aversion to avocados right now. I think it is because I have been buying them at Costco where I buy them in bulk and have been eating so much guacamole or just avocado slices that I am getting turned off to them. I have one avocado left right now and it is a mind and stomach battle to even think about eating it. Needless to say, it is still sitting there.
My craving this week was a pumpkin sausage soup I usually make a couple times during the winter. On Sunday last weekend I just had to have it! Thankfully I had all the ingredients in the fridge.
How big is Baby? Every week this little kiddo is getting closer to being able to survive without medical help. The baby is now over 16 inches long! This week the baby added on some more weight and now weighs over 3 lbs. And apparently they got some muscles this week or have been working out in there. I woke up in the middle of the night the other night with something being forced up into my rib cage, a head or foot or something. That was a first.
Milestones? My ticker at the bottom of this post says I have 61 days of pregnancy left! 61 DAYS! That sounds so much shorter than 9 weeks.
I have to wear a pregnancy belt while walking. The braxton hicks I get when I try to hike or walk for awhile is not terrible, but it does make me stop walking or moving. The belt has worked so far while I walk and use the elliptical. I haven't used it for hiking yet, but I bet it will help with that. I also received a cute package of baby items from my mom and sister this week. It made this baby coming all the more real as I sorted through the cute contents and thought about where I would put the items. We are having a baby folks! Now where to put it...
Interesting Notes? I didn't get to Skype with my mom this week, but I wanted to add that Skype is awesome! Family and friends who want to stay in touch better after baby is born (or now works too), just let me know if you want to Skype. It is so much more personal than phone calls. Plus then I can show you my baby, because I am going to be pretty excited about him or her. :-)

Randomly happened upon this post... Would you be willing to post the recipe for the pumpkin sausage soup? It sounds so yummy! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteErin,
DeleteSince you asked, I will post it! :-) Look for it in a couple days. ~Sara