Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting ready for a baby...

Folks, we almost ready for this baby!  This last week I really cracked down on organizing, washing, and setting some stuff up so we felt a little more ready, in the midst of hiking other things this weekend. 

Hiking, 35 Weeks

This is my child's father, poor kid :-). 

Just kidding, love you babe!

One thing that is so nice with going to work part-time, is having more time to do some of the things I enjoy, like crafts.  Ever since I knew my due date was in November, I wanted to make a car seat cover, since my baby will be so little in the winter.  I was able to finish up that craft this weekend, and I love how it turned out!




Now my baby will be nice and toasty and protected from the cold winter wind.  You can find almost any pattern on the internet for free.  :-)  It was fun, and not too difficult.

And like I mentioned above, I really got our room ready for baby.  Here is where our baby is going to live for at least the first 2-3 months of life, right next to our bed.  There is a little Rubbermaid drawer set on the other side of the room by the bathroom, that you can't see, and this is where all the baby's clothes are, so classy.


I have had so many people tell me that I will want to move that baby to another room after a week or two, but that is just not really an option.  Maybe we will have to figure out something else if Michael really needs to get some sleep, but he can go sleep in the guest bedroom if he needs to.

And here is my changing table setup right outside of our room in the hall by the washer.  It think it is going to work out perfectly.


We are just getting so excited!  I have been having more dreams about giving birth and having the baby.  The baby so far has been a boy every time, but that could be because of all the influences around me who think I am having a boy. We really just have a couple more items that we need and we will be completely set.  My biggest priority now is finding a pediatrician, but this has stressed me out every time I have sat down and and I'm not really sure how to go about it.  I know I want to find one close to the house, but finding one that takes our insurance is obviously a must as well.  I'll figure it out.  It is just coming up so fast now.  In two weeks our baby is considered full term!  I can't wait to introduce him/her to all of you!        

No comments:

Post a Comment