I found this recipe from Cavemanfood.blogspot.com, so it is not my own invention, although I have modified it slightly to make it a little easier and more the way I like it.
Pumpkin Sausage Soup:
Ingredients:
- 1-1.25 lbs breakfast sausage (I have used both turkey and pork, both taste great)
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1/2 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 4 Cups Chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- pinch of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
Directions:
- Heat butter in heavy deep pot and saute the mushrooms and onions over med-high heat. Remove from pot to a small bowl. Add sausage to pot and brown, drain the grease and remove the sausage from the pot to a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin and chicken stock to the pot, stirring until it is smooth. Add the sausage, mushrooms and onions back in as well as the remaining ingredients, except the coconut milk.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Eat it! Yum!
Mmm, glad I checked back! Thank you!
ReplyDelete