Monday, October 7, 2013

Utah Fall Foilage

I hope everyone had as relaxing and as beautiful of a weekend as we did.  It is prime color change here in Utah right now so we took full advantage.  

Remember I said I was able to buy our car seat and stroller, well, we had to order it because the store was out, and it arrived last week!  I was really excited to put it together.  :-) 


Saturday morning we slept in and then made waffles together for breakfast.  Then Michael went to work out and I went to Yoga.  When we both got back home, it was just so beautiful out that Michael HAD to go for a bike ride, so I drove with him and went for a hike.


We just went to some short trails by the house.  It was such a beautiful day and the colors were so vibrant!



They had little tunnels in the trail where the trees had grown over, which made me feel like I was walking through a nature wonderland.


I just love crunching on fallen leaves.


After our hike we went out to lunch together.  The rest of Saturday we relaxed until we went over to our neighbors for a small BBQ.

Sunday we enjoyed our church service before driving up into the mountains to find some more fall colors.  I just love being outside.  It is just so centering and peaceful.  Everything seems right and good when you are hiking in the mountains.  :-)


And I realized in these photos this week that I am pregnant.  Well, I look very pregnant.  Michael was laughing at me because he can't recall ever seeing anyone as pregnant as me out trumping through the forest.



I love mountains.  I am such a mountain girl. Our kid had better love the outdoors!


I love this pic of Mike.


This was probably one of the last hiking weekends we will get as the weather cools down and snow starts falling up in the mountains.  I'm sad our outdoor adventures will be slowly coming to a close as I get larger and it gets colder. But I'm excited because it means we get to meet our son or daughter!

Sunday night is our customary homemade pizza night, so we relaxed together and made pizza, just talking about the changes that are going to be coming up so quick.  That was our weekend.  Get outside and see some fall colors folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment