Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Michael! (2013)

Michael doesn't have a milestone birthday this year, but it is to me for some reason.  My hubby turned 31 today.  And I don't know what has changed, but I had to think through his past birthdays and just reminisce, because something in our relationship has changed.  It has deepened into something that I can't even describe.  But I am going to try.

I met Michael when he was 25.  On his 26th birthday, we made cake and went out to Sushi.  I kind of liked you then...



Michael at 26 



We got married that next year and were married for 5 months before your 27th birthday.  I just got you a couple gifts and let you eat cake for breakfast.  I thought I loved you then. 



When you turned 28, we were still living in Fort Collins and I was in my last year of my Masters.  I made you cinnamon rolls with purple icing (for K-state) and had purchased tickets to a K-state vs Colorado football game. And I thought I loved you then...



Michael at 28

For your 29th birthday, we took a vacation to Hawaii.  I have had so many adventures with you!  And I thought I loved you then...




The big 3-0 came and we went to Kansas to celebrate.  Of course we had to make the traditional cake and take you to another K-state game!  Fun family times.  And I thought I loved you then...


Michael at 30, not much has changed... :-)


I don't have a picture for his 31st yet, because he had to leave the house so early this morning.

But this birthday babe, I realize all along I had no idea what love really felt like.  How can you love someone so much more in so many years?  People joke about not being in the honeymoon stage, what stage was that?  Because the love I feel for you right now has 100 fold surpassed the love I felt for you during our honeymoon.  I feel like these last several months I have learned what real love is, and it scares me, because the love I feel for you has become so fierce and so deep.  Yes, God comes first, but I understand His love for us so much more now as I feel this new love for you.  You are an amazing man, Michael.  I can't believe how lucky I am to have met you and married you.  I am so excited about all the birthdays to come that I get to share with you.  Happy birthday!!  And...I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment