Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Personal Super Bowl Party

Hi Y'all.  Wasn't the Super Bowl painful to watch?  I'm actually glad Carson kept me from watching the whole thing, it was a little depressing.  But I didn't let Superbowl Sunday be depressing at the little Funk house in Utah.  

Michael and I had plans to go to a friend's house for the Super Bowl, but earlier that week, their 9 month old got RSV.  So ya, not going over there.  Michael and I decided to do our own little Superbowl party.  We got some new beers to try and planned on making some appetizers.  If you didn't read my previous post on going dairy free, know that for right now, I have to cut out all forms of dairy in my diet.  The doctor feels like Carson has a milk protein allergy.  So our 7 layer dip and bruschetta turned into 5 layer dip (no cheese or sour cream) and no bruschetta.  

As we were getting the ingredients for our little party on Saturday, Michael mentioned that his throat was feeling tickly.  We didn't think much of it and he watched Carson while I went and got...

A mom haircut!  I know, I know, long hair is so pretty.  But it kept tickling my son's face while he was nursing and it was long enough that when it was in a ponytail, it still got in the way when I put things on my shoulder (my purse, Carson, the baby bag, etc).  It is a little shorter than I wanted, but overall I think it looks pretty good.  Hair can grow out again.

I'm officially a mom
Well, that tickle in Michael's through turned into pain, which was followed by body aches, a headache and a cough.  Michael had the flu!  So Saturday night I quarantined Michael in the guest bedroom and he has been there since. He didn't even watch the super bowl, he was so sick.

Carson and I did though.  Carson even had on a football shirt!


Right before the Super Bowl, mommy decided she needed to get out of the house and so we went to the gym.

Carson watched me work out the whole time in his car seat without crying!  I think he thought it was curious to see mommy moving around so much.  After the gym, it was time for a beer and the Super Bowl.  Sorry Broncos, maybe next year.  So far, Carson and I have not gotten sick and I am praying hourly that we do not get what Michael had! Today Michael was feeling well enough to work, but he still had a monster headache.  I can't imagine trying to care for myself or Carson if we get what Mike had.  Lord, keep me and my little guy healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment