Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Starting Again

Curious why I've started blogging again?  Well, it's because our lives are going to get even busier.

Huh?  And what?  Yeah...

We're expecting again!!  Another little miracle baby.  I can't believe God is doing this for me again.  I can't wait to share the story with you, but here are the details. I am really behind on posting, I wanted to start at 13 weeks again, but life has gotten in the way.  I miss blogging.  And I know I will forget these things if I don't write them down!  So this is kind of my scrapbook or memory book.

How far along?  17 weeks, Yay, we are in the second trimester!!

17 Weeks, starting to feel larger for sure

Due?  April 18, 2016

How are you feeling?  I felt almost exactly the same this first trimester as with Carson, except twice as bad.  I was super tired, had a foggy brain, dizzy, so many food aversions, and nausea, but never threw up.  I was way more sensitive to smells this time too.  Michael probably still thinks I was making it up, but there were times I couldn't smell what was cooking, I had to leave the room because I was getting sick. I also had really bad first trimester insomnia.  I slept probably 4-5 hrs a night the whole 12 weeks.  Thank goodness I only work part time and could nap when I wasn't working.  It was also a little scary this time because of my Hashimotos.  They weren't sure at first if the pregnancy would make it because all my hormone levels where so off, so that was stressful, but everything has turned out okay!  Around 10 weeks  I started to feel better and get more energy back.  This time around my prenatal vitamins made me really sick as well, so that was fun.  But I needed the iron in them so I had to keep taking them. I feel great now. Getting tons of energy and starting to feel slight little movements.  I felt the baby a ton last week (15 weeks) but it must have moved back down because I haven't felt him/her in awhile. I know it is early. I didn't feel Carson until I was 19-20 weeks, but his placenta was oriented differently.

Food Cravings?  Oh man, I had the gamut this time. My first trimester I craved pizza, donuts, and mac and cheese like nobodies business, but I stayed strong because I knew those things were not good for me.  I did crave both pickles and ice cream, lol.  So coconut milk ice cream and some all natural kosher dills were my staples for awhile.  And as I said above, major food aversions, it didn't matter what it was, if I had to smell it, then I couldn't eat it.

And now...hmm, maybe potato chips?  Just one brand though, Kettle wavy.  They are so thick and yummy and delicious...mmm.

Weight Gain?  I was having trouble getting in calories this time with all the sickness and food aversions. But at my 12 week appointment I had gained around 2-3lbs (all clothes and shoes depending :-)). I started feeling a lot better around 10 weeks and really started eating, I think to make up for the lost calories. And I must have done well because by my 16 week appointment I had gained 6-7 lbs, which is a little less than I had gained with Carson.  I am still not really showing.

Gender?  Well, we are going to find out this time.  I loved Carson being a surprise, but I think I want to know this time. That and I kind of want to tell Carson if he is having a baby brother or baby sister. Although I'm not sure he will really understand. If you ask him what is in Momma's belly, he will say "a baby!" but I know he doesn't really get it.  Our gender scan is December 4th!

What do you think it is?  I am feeling boy again.  But after hearing the heartbeat at the last couple appointments...it is so much higher than Carson that I am thinking it might be a girl, but still feeling a boy.  If you asked me to spout the first thing that came to mind, I would say boy.  Which is good, but I do really want a daughter.  

Were you trying?  Well, we weren't preventing, and with it taking over a year and some hormone replacement to have Carson, so we kind of assumed it would take quite a while to even get a positive test. I will write a whole post on how I found out, but it is again, pretty amazing.  Once again there was not really any way I should be pregnant, but I am!

Anything Really Different This Time Around?  Oh yes, the smells aversion.  That was new.  I was out of my pants later...I was lighter in weight pre-pregnancy #2 than with Carson.  At my 12 week appointment I weighed what I had weighed before being pregnant with Carson.  I do remember trying to put my black dress pants on at 11 weeks 3 days and they wouldn't clasp comfortably anymore, so I just started growing out of my clothes around then.  What else is really different? The first trimester was just as stressful (maybe more so actually, with starting so many meds and blood tests), but didn't seem to last as long as Carson's did.  Probably because having him makes my life so much more busy. I told my work really early so I could pass on field work with Carson.  My work was so slow this year that I didn't even tell them until 13 weeks, and mostly that was because I was having trouble hiding it.  I was also a lot lazier this first trimester. With Carson I really tried to stay active, so far I have totally let myself just veg out.  :-)  I'm lucky if I get a walk in. Oh, and the movement. Feeling the baby so early was fun.  I had a doppler this time too, which was nice because if I was ever feeling worried, I could find the baby's heartbeat and know everything was okay.

Not as many pics this time!  :-(  I really need to remember to have Michael take them.  I remember I am a new week, but I forget to ask him to take one.

6 weeks. I was so sleep deprived and sick, you can see it in my face

11 weeks, feeling much better!





1 comment: