Tuesday, January 5, 2016

25 Weeks - Baby 2.0

Man, Denver was hit with some kind of virus.  I was sick, everyone was sick!  My office was dead last week, there was almost no one there.  And now it is 2016, the year we become a family of four!



How far along? 25 weeks

Weight Gain?  I know people probably think it is so silly for me to record this, or to care, but I want to remember. I had gained  18 lbs on Thursday last week at my 24 week midwife appointment.  I tried to go back and see how much I had gained with Carson at this point, but I wasn't very good at giving total gains, only that I had gained "another 2 lbs" or something like that.  With him, I gained like 33 lbs total, so I'm well on my way to gaining more I feel like.  I have all the big growth coming up and still have 15 weeks!  I'm pretty sure I am bigger this time around though.

Cravings/Aversions?  Craved muffins and brownies last week...but not much else really.  As part of my New Years Resolutions, I am really trying to cut down on sugar, so I have been trying to limit the sweets for both me and Carson.  Michael is not a sweets guy so it is easy for him.

How are you feeling?  Great.  I mean, really, I am great.  These last two weeks of semi-vacation were just what the doctor ordered.  I did not realize how run down I was.  I feel almost like a new person.  It has made me actually make some New Years Resolutions about sleep, rest, and taking care of myself.  I have had the energy to work out again, which feels amazing, although I definitely am pregnant, lol.  And Michael and I have had some great time to reconnect and just chat which is always great.  I am feeling very excited for 2016.

I had to start thinking about labor this last week as well, my midwife asked about birth classes and if we are going to take them.  We have to decide what we want to do. We aren't going to take a full class, but I think a refresher for hypnobirthing would be good. Now that I have been through labor once, I feel like I will hopefully be better this second time around at actually using some of the tactics. I really want to have a natural birth again, but after watching some friends go through things this year, I am all about just getting that baby out and making sure she is healthy and safe.  But we will have to sign up for that class soon as well.  Everything is starting to move so fast!

How is baby girl?  All seems well!  Her heart rate is good, and I was measuring a 25 when I was 24 weeks, 3 days so I am right on for size. She is a night owl and kicks all night long.  I feel her whenever I wake up at night. I have my glucose screen coming up, so hopefully everything looks good for that.  According to websites and apps she is about 1.75 lbs and about 9 inches long.  Carson was 19 inches long when he was born, so realizing she has 10 more inches to grow...whoa! Her lungs are developing this week.

Interesting Notes?  Since we have been able to announce the gender this time, I am starting to get a lot of people asking me what her name is.  Is it really common now to share both the name and gender?  I have people come out and ask me what we are naming her, not "have you picked a name," but "what is her name?"  People are so funny.  There are some who when I say we are waiting to share her name they say "great!"  And then I have some people who, when I tell them we are not sharing the name yet, give me a look like I am being rude or ridiculous.    But so everyone on here knows, we will share her name when she is born, we have decided though.


 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment