Selah, 7 months old big girl!! Time sure is flying, yet going so slow at the same time. This last month has been rough. You have NOT been sleeping well or napping and momma is getting very sleep deprived. In spite of all of this, you are still the smiley baby you have always been. Even though it has been rough, momma knows it won't last forever, and you are still worth it. You have me saying that in writing so when you are 14 and driving me crazy you can still know you are worth it :-)
Oh Selah, you are still not mobile at all, but you have finally rolled over! You are also sitting mostly by yourself. It's when you get angry or bored and you arch that you fall over now. You have also been wanting items that have rolled away from you and so you reach until you fall forwards, onto your belly. Yesterday you pushed up onto your arms and hands! You may be crawling soon!
Just this past week, two teeth popped through. Momma is hoping this is where the not sleeping is coming from. Maybe once that calms down, we can focus on getting you and mommy some sleep. I don't remember how cranky your brother was from getting teeth, but you sure are. You refuse naps and you have had the worst diaper rash and diapers. Poor girl. I'm hoping this is over soon.
Still no solids for you. You mimic everyone eating though, which is pretty cute. We will try again, probably this week.
You love to grab things, and chew on things, just like any normal baby I guess, lol. You are so good at grabbing and holding onto things now though. Just like a little person.
Your hair is a mess! You still have a little baby mullet, but momma had to buy you detangler and I have to use conditioner on that mess in the back. You get such a rat's nest. I still can't bear to cut your hair though, but I think it will have to be soon because it is starting to get into your eyes.
That dimple shows no signs of going away, it makes you so adorable.
Your hair seems to have a reddish tint...but I also think we thought that with your brother. He is now super blonde and I think you will be too.
You growl now, so adorable! And you copy us. If we growl at you, you growl. If Carson screams or yells, you yell, and if I make sounds at you, like "mamama" you make them back at me. And yes! Mamamama has been added to your vocabulary and I am positive you know who momma is!
You have started reaching for people or things. And when you reach for momma and I take you, you give me a big squeeze. You also put your face against mine a lot. I love it.
You and your brother...He loves you so much, and you adore him. He always wants to hold you and he tries his hardest to make you laugh. He also always goes and gets you a toy when you need one. You aren't the biggest fan of him holding you though, you get pretty squirmy.
When you are fussy, I tell Carson to go talk to you, and that usually makes you happy for awhile. So far you guys play pretty well together, but I can tell we are going to start having issues as soon as you can get to his toys by yourself.
Your little rolls are so adorable. You have these chubby, chubby thighs. I just want to eat them.
You love to nurse, you still nurse every 3-4 hrs, all day long, and all night long. But you are growing and thriving, so apparently you need it.
Momma still loves to dress you up, but she has been so good about not buying you clothes or outfits as of yet. She may need to supplement your wardrobe this winter though, and you can bet she will have so much fun with that.
You smile at everyone and make everyone feel so special. You are so friendly. I definitely didn't get two shy children, that's for sure.
Mommy still hasn't left you with anyone besides daddy. I did leave you with some ladies at church once, but that has been it. Daddy has been trying to get mommy to pump so that we can start leaving you, but it is hard to find the time. You nurse in five minutes vs the 20 min it takes to pump and then 10 min for you to drink the bottle, not counting the time to heat the milk if it was cold. But it would be nice to go on a date, or go skiing...
Oh you two, what would I do without you guys?
Selah, we love you honey. Momma and Daddy pray every day for you and your big brother. Stay little sweet girl.
















No comments:
Post a Comment