I know everyone has been in that place, that place of having to make difficult decisions. No, I am not talking about whether to order pancakes or waffles, but if you should move, or if you should switch careers. I mean, I guess those little decisions are some major decisions too. Some of the hardest decisions I have had to make are to not think negatively and capture my thoughts to God.
But here is what I wanted to share, today was a day of decisions for me. I decided on a class schedule, and a grad school direction. I decided that I am going to work hard at everything, including my marriage, because that is the most important. I decided I will NOT doubt. That is a big one, and the hardest yet. Just try for a day, or even an hour, to not doubt what is going on, or a situation, or yourself even. God is my Lord and it is actually disheartening to Him when I don't trust Him and doubt everything that is going on. What's funny...is once I made this decision, everything got easier. I didn't stress the career direction, I'm just going to go to my alloted classes and not try to do extra. I now have time for some more things I wanted to do. I can walk confidently that my life is in God's capable hands. I can look at my husband and know that our marriage will be great, because I have the confidence, faith, and the decision to work through it all, and to love him regardless.
Decisions are good things. I know this transformation won't happen overnight and I will have to work at it, but the thought of having less doubt, and more faith makes me really happy. I think everyone should try this, don't doubt for a day. Rationally think, but don't doubt, and just see where you end up, and how you feel!
No comments:
Post a Comment