Friday, September 4, 2009

Hanging with the Fam

This weekend boasts unsolicited fun for me and Michael. Today, we both have to work, but tonight, we are going to go out for a sushi dinner, just the two of us, and get ready for our weekend with the fam. Michael's parents are coming to stay with us for the weekend before the head to estes park for next week. It is Michael's mom's 50th birthday (although you could never tell!) and they are celebrating by getting a cabin in Estes and visiting us! What a cool way to celebrate, and I'm so ecstatically happy that we were deemed 50th birthday celebrating worthy!

Tomorrow is also Tour de Fat. A local bike event put on by New Belgium Brewery. Basically, you ride around in costumes on your bike, for fun. Of course, since it is put on by a brewery, beer is involved, but that is what you make it. Mike and I have been deciding on costumes and how to get there...should we have matching costumes, do we drive there, should we bike all the way across town in costumes, will I let him where as little clothes as possible, to which I answered no. All these are questions that arose, and were overcome by the fact we are just going to play it by ear. I will definitely put up pictures though!!!

Mike's parents should get in around noonish tomorrow, perfect because we will be done with the biking and then I have no idea what is going on. I know hiking horsetooth mountain occurs Sunday morning, with a party/BBQ with our neighbor following and then monday they head out, Michael is going to work at the bike shop, and I have all of labor day to not labor. I think my friend Kristen and I might have a crazy day, just do something epic. More to come for that if something ensues and plans are developed.

I need to put more pictures up here anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment