Today has just been an amazing day! I've had prayers answered, surprise gifts in the mail that we knew nothing about, peace was flooded into my heart, and I got a part-time job! It is so crazy how everything seems to respond to God's time...not ours. This job will be great! The hours are good, I will still have all my evenings free as well as most weekends. I will be starting at Great Harvest Bakery tomorrow! I was also able to speak to a toxicology professor today and help solidify some of the issues with grad school. I love these times!!
I want this to be just a little note of encouragement to those out there, that God does answer prayer and that God does care and is not abandoning us! He is always there, and is always ready to help. Most of the time it is us that just wants the "magic pill" to get us out of a difficult situation, but sometimes we actually have to work for the things we need/want. Faith is the biggest part of this and it isn't always easy. That is what Hebrews 11:1 tells us, that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Faith is praying and hoping in the Lord, and we might not always see it or we might have to wait, but God is powerful and in control.
No comments:
Post a Comment