Monday, August 10, 2009

On the rocks

Ahh, a relaxing saturday. Michael had to be at work at 9am so we really didn't get to spend a ton of time together that morning. I will be so happy for him once he can begin not working Saturdays. I just piddled around for the morning and afternoon. I painted my toe nails, went for a bike ride, went to the bank. The bank is right by a petco so I had to stop in and view all the furry and funny creatures they had to behold. I was able to watch some ferrets play around, they are pretty cute. The one thing i hate about petco is that people get to bring in their dogs, and it reminds me of how much I want a dog! But I can't have one, for some reason that I will probably never understand, God decided that my body would develop an allergy to his furry creatures. I'm not bitter...well...maybe a little but I love God and know that we live in a fallen world, but I will admit and vent here that this little thing is a big source of conflict for me. Why, you ask?

Because this means not only cannot I not own a dog, it is extremely hard for me to be in others homes who have a pet. So many people we know have dogs or cats, and I cannot spend time in their homes due to the triggering of an asthma attack. I could never spend the night at people's houses when i was a kid, or go over to someone's house for a play-date. wow, it really sounds like I am complaining or having a little pity party, I don't want to sound like that. I'm fine really! I mean, we had dogs in high school, they just lived outside. Back to the topic at hand, our weekend!

Saturday afternoon we went rock climbing and then out to Chili's for dinner! We just did bouldering at the rock climbing place, mostly because we didn't want to have to rent equipment and then pay for each of us to get certified to belay. Bouldering is just as fun though! Here are some photos:


After rock climbing, we took advantage of chili's 2 for $20 deal. We were then both so full and tired that we just rented a movie called "the great buck howard" and went to bed early. (oh, don't order the buffalo chicken salad, mine was gross, the chicken was super salty and tasted like tabasco instead of buffalo sauce!) Sunday was church, bike riding, and life group. It was a pretty awesome day. Well, that was our weekend. If anything else super exciting pops up or I have to vent again, I'll be on again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment