Genesis is really clear that God made the world and us in a total of six days. Nowhere does God state that he used millions of years of evolution to bring us to life, or that we are related to any of our animal friends. But this is the predominating view of today.
We are taught we evolved from monkeys, who in turn evolved from another species, all the way down to the road to a cosmic soup.
Grandpa??? A monkey?
As christians, it is not hard for us to believe that God created us and this earth. But have we ever really considered that since God did this, that it isn't science? It can't be proven or tested, therefore it is faith, but evolution is a science. It is taught, tested in labs, and according to all the professional people I work with valid and true.
But wait, if evolution tests have proven true...how can God's story be true too.
I have had the privilege (some may say torture) of having to watch a 2.5 hour NOVA special on the creation vs evolution debate that involved the Dover High School district. According to the ruling in the end, and the information discovered. Evolution is a proven science, Christians are stupid since they refuse to see that evolution has tested true (they still believe God did it when science clearly says...), and only evolution can be taught in public schools because the separation of church and state.
First of all. I cannot find any tests or lab work being done that actually supports or proves evolution. They say genetics is the strongest field. I have taken some genetics, but I am no geneticist. But I still fail to see how all the protein homologies verify that one species came from another. Read about it here "genetics." That may not be the most valid site, but it shows a pretty good idea of what people are using to base their argument.
It was hard to sit through the hours of creation bashing, but even harder to hear my peers say that faith and science don't need to conflict...wait, but God said...it hurt that I couldn't muster up the courage to defend who God is and who He says he is...the creator, the author of life. This is me saying what I couldn't say in class, and I am ashamed that I didn't speak up to say that God did the creating in six days, not six billion years. I couldn't stand up because I was afraid. I was the only person in that room who believed in creation. For those of you who do believe in evolution, or specifically, macroevolution, I'm sorry to say that I don't agree with you. I just wanted everyone to think a minute about how much this "theory" has infiltrated our lives, schools, thinking, etc, and how we need to be braver to stand up for our Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment