Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cloudy with a chance of snow!

Its cloudy.
Today was supposed to be the last nice day before snow comes back in our forecast.
I'm sitting right now, actually doing homework, and I don't have much left! I'm basically done for once and it feels so good.
I'm excited to head to the gym today, and to go to my bible study tonight.
I'm also listening to my husband yell out randomly from the living room, as he finds something hilarious on television. It's weird having him home all the time.
I'm also contemplating what I read in my Bible this morning. The more I read God's word it seems, the more I learn! Even though I have read the Bible, or these passages, many times.

Today I read about how we are to strive for God's glory and acceptance, not man's. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time when people "don't like me" or are frustrated by me. I do whatever I can to make them like me, or to be accepted by them. There are some I believe I will never do, but there are a lot of things I find myself doing, to make sure people like me. This can be good and bad. We should be peacemakers, and not foster bad relationships, but we should also not find our acceptance or worth in others.

The dangerous part of this, is people then become our happiness, and if they don't treat us as they should, we become unhappy, or depressed. We can't enjoy ourselves if that one person in the room is acting that way.

God's been working on my heart that I am responsible for me, and me alone. I am not responsible for my family, my husband, or my friends. I am responsible for my faith, my actions, and the way I treat people. I have always put such a high standard on myself, and when those I love and hold close don't see things the way I do, or don't uphold that same standard, I get bent out of shape.

I guess this mostly goes to my marriage. I am learning so much that just because Michael may act a certain way sometimes, doesn't give me the right to be rude, angry, and self-righteous. I need to love him for who he is and accept him that way, not try to change him into the man I think he should be, that is God's job, not mine. He is a great man and I promised to love him for who he is. I would want him to do the same for me! This is just a little post of something on my heart. I enjoy writing things out. It keeps me from bottling and lets me vent or share. I'm not perfect, I never claimed to be, but I am so glad to be saved by God, and that he loves me enough to teach me and train me, and not leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment