Friday, October 30, 2009

Epic snowshoes


Thats right, epic.

Yes, I said epic, that is the only way to explain the snowshoeing expedition my husband and I embarked upon on Thursday. I have not had so much fun in days!
It was beautiful! I can't describe it. I can tell you it was freezing! A breeze had picked up so it was even more cold because of the wind.
These are all pictures of the "A"trail, or Mason trail, right behind our house. This looks like a happy bubbling brook, but it is actually a drainage ditch. it looks pretty now though!

Here is Michael cresting the top. We hiked all the way up to Horsetooth. Some of the snow drifts were up to your waist, and you could barely get through them. Michael borrowed some snow shoes from a friend and they kept breaking. He had to keep stopping to fix them. She told us that they were cracking, lets just say they died doing the best hike ever!


Isn't it awesome! After hiking, it was so nice to just chill in the house and watch some tv. I made some spicy chicken tortilla soup and then my sister and her friend came over to watch Grey's Anatomy and make brownies. It was such a great day, but I was ready for it to end. I had this field trip to the National Renewable Energy Lab in Golden to go to in the morning, early morning. You can tell it was early because I forgot both my wallet and water bottle for the trip, how's that for prepared?

It was a good trip though. I learned a lot about NREL and about being a working professional in my field. I don't know if you know how solar panels actually work, but I learned and it is pretty darn amazing. NREL also shared about the current energy situation, where most of our oil comes from, and how we get all power sources. If you are dying to know how solar panels work, here is a link. It is not the best, but it really explains it. They have come a long way in designing them. Anyway, enough nerdy stuff. We're having some friends over tonight for some scary movies, I don't usually do well with scary, so I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment