Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Fun(k)



So, I have a massive bag of chocolate in the living room, a very bad idea for a chocoholic like me, especially when there are little kit-kats in the bag. My sister and I learned that whole kit-kat song when we were kids, they are one of my favorite candies.

pf_kitkat_std06.jpg

Saturday, Halloween, was a pretty awesome day. Michael was feeling lazy so I went to the gym, the grocery store, and dropped the scary movies off from the night before. We watched "the ring" and "the village." That was the extent of our halloween scariness. It was pretty scary though. I'm not a big fan of movies like that so it took a lot of peer pressure to convince me to watch them.

Anyway, Saturday afternoon I made Michael leave the house with me, he was starting to get grumpy from sitting on the couch all day, watching football. We left under the pretense that we would be back home at 5pm, so he could watch the K-state game. (he was pretty bummed when they lost)
imgres.jpgI dragged him to hobby lobby where I got things to do a wedding scrapbook. I am really excited about this! I've never scrapbooked before, but I really want to learn. I probably shouldn't do my first try for our wedding album...but...oh well. I've got to learn/try some how.

Then we went to the mall and just roamed. I looked at boots and other clothes, observing the styles and waiting for everything to go on sale. :-) Then it was home to make Pumpkin choc chip cookies and iced pumpkin cookies for our church college group halloween party.

That was fun, we played ping pong, and ate, then watched tv, and ate, then played cards, and ate. There was a ton of goodies! Sunday was a day of working at great harvest, then the church fall festival, and Mike's championship flag football game! They won too! In overtime, mike caught the winning ball. It was pretty freakin sweet.

Now we've started another week. Mike is filling his unemployed time with job searching, and other small tasks. I had a site visit, where we did actual sampling, to a business 40min from here called Agland. this was for my noise class. We sampled employee noise exposure. If you want more info then that, call me sometime. I can explain all about hearing, hearing loss, and hearing protection if you are interested.

Last bit of info...Its mike's birthday this week!!! On thursday! I feel like a horrible wife because i have no idea what to do. I'm sure I'll think of something. If I can get my shift covered, we'll be able to go to vail. Vail for a weekend would be a really awesome birthday present.

We took a picture for our church directory today. Here we are!


1 comment:

  1. Sara & Mike - Happy Birtdhay Mike - Hope you had fun in Vail. It was great weather.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete