Where did I leave off...I think I left the weekend off on Friday, the day we went to hanging lake. When we got back from hanging lake, Jarid and Susie took us out to dinner at a great restaurant in gypsum, and then it was another night on the air mattress. Let me tell you, this air mattress was more like a water bed. You had to be careful because too big of a rollover in the middle of the night and you would send your spouse launching into a coffee table. Ahh, good times.
Anyway, Saturday was a rest day of just hanging out. Michael and I made a trip up to Vail to visit his old ski shop to look at some ski boots for me. And did we get a deal!! I'm set! What makes it even better is Jarid had poles for me, so I'm really really set!
Sunday we went to Jarid and Susie's church in Eagle. We enjoyed it a lot. They have a very energetic preacher! The plan was to leave on Sunday after church, but somehow, Jarid and Susie finagled us into staying for Jarid's birthday party on Monday night. We spent Sunday hanging out, shooting artillery, and then took Jarid and Susie out for pizza.
Now we had to find something else to occupy our time on Monday. What else then to do another hike. Someone told us about the Fulford caves and we decided it was worth the trip.
Now when I mean caves, I mean caves! Not little mines with light pouring in them, but down in a dark hole, can't see the hand in front of your face, wet, dank caves. I didn't even know what to expect, but here is what I saw when we got there:

We borrowed some waterproof clothes from Jarid because we were told how cold, wet, and muddy it was in there.
Monday night was Jarid's birthday party. They cooked up some awesome steak tacos, had chocolate cherry cake, and we just relished being in the mountains with good friends. We can't wait to see them again.
These people were gracious! They let us crash on the living room floor, right next to the kitchen, in everyones way! We love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment