Thankfully the run wasn't until 10am so there was time for oatmeal, and the sun to come out and warm everything. This race was in Loveland, so we had a 30min drive to get there. I felt so nervous! I knew I wanted to run the whole thing...and I knew how much it probably wasn't going to feel good at the time to do it. When we got there I checked in and picked up my sweet shirt that I got for running, found kristen, and we started warming up. We happened to run into 2 people from our church who were running as well.
There was a total of about 35o runners, so the start was slightly crowded and it took a little while to really get going. The first mile was easy and I felt great! Miles 1 to 2 got difficult though, it was a long gradual grade, with really cold wind right in your face! I felt really strong still even at mile 3, but there was a last hill before the finish, and it wiped me out. I felt sick and didn't want to try to pick up the pace, but I knew if I did I would be done sooner. I tried to, and then kicked it in gear at the end, running a total of 38:36 for 4miles. I had a goal of not walking, and a time of "hopefully" 36min, but I was really close! I couldn't believe it when I saw Kristen run through 2min later! She hadn't walked either...what a stud!
Michael really helped me pace and breathe the whole way. He was so great! He said he even felt sick in the middle, but didn't say anything because he didn't want to mess me up! After the race we changed and I let him pick the restaurant for lunch, choices of subway and carl's jr. After some burgers, we headed back to the ranch area because there was a gun show and a barista competition going on. Can you see the war already? Sara:barista Mike:gun show
Anyway, I won out because it cost $8 per person to get into the gun show. We really didn't feel like spending that so we went and got free coffee at the barista competition, and watched them compete to make the best specialty coffees for a little while. I don't know if we actually ever would have attended that event if we hadn't have been right there, and were so tired that we just wanted to sit for awhile. Then we headed home to shower up and get ready for our dinner plans together.
We decided to celebrate valentine's day Saturday night instead, and had reservations at Macaroni Grill. Were weren't sure what to do for the afternoon, so we got the bright idea to go test drive some vehicles. So we headed over to the toyota dealer and test drove a tacoma and a rav4
The tacoma we test drove was sweet. it was lifted and had an off-road package. We both loved driving it! The rav4 was also really nice. If we could have just chosen either, we would have taken the truck. But the rav4, or something like it, will probably be a vehicle we own in the future.
The dinner at Macaroni grill was delicious! It was definitely crazy in there though! Then we picked up a bottle of wine, and watched Dirty Dancing back at the house. It was a really fun evening! And although I failed at taking pictures of us at the run, I get some of us in our nice
from dinner!What a handsome guy, even though he looks like he may be in pain in both photos! :-) Even though we don't make a big deal out of valentine's day, I'm so happy that I have a Valentine for the rest of my life! And I never have to share! Happy V-day!
No comments:
Post a Comment