Thursday, February 11, 2010

Updates on life

Well, monday continued into tuesday, which continued into wednesday and finally today I feel like I have gotten past how its a "monday." Turned out though, that I had an excuse! I finally went to the doctor on Tuesday and I find out that I had a sinus infection which was beginning to turn bronchial. I feel so much better today. This is definitely one of those times that I thank God for drugs! :-)

It was just a rough week, I'm glad I'm starting to come out of it. Unfortunately, Michael is starting to sound a little congested, so I hope it stays away from him!

I am looking forward to this weekend. Yes we do have some Valentine's day plans, but not on valentines day. we are going out to dinner, which we don't ever really do so i am excited.

Our wednesday night Bible study has been very thought provoking these last couple of weeks. Maybe I will have to write a whole post on it sometime, but it has really got me contemplating about the riches in my life. It is all about the hole in our gospel. The hole of how we as Christian need to care for the poor, orphaned, sick, and widowed in our world and how we are Jesus' hands and feet. We all know there are people who have it rough on other countries. We have all heard about brothels, children dying of starvation, or people suffering with not having enough water or are sick. But what are we doing about it? We as Christians in America are so blessed!! When we complain about not having enough money, it is for a new car, or washing machine...not for a bus ticket to take our dying child to a doctor! This has been a really hard pill for me to swallow, and God is working on my heart. I don't know what that will mean for the future, but I know it means to begin living even more simply, and giving more.

I have been really stressed out with class projects, being sick, my husband's job, you name it! But I am really trying to find healthy ways of dealing with this stress. So far I have done all the wrong things...you know, eat, procrastinate, cry...although, crying can be constructive sometimes. Why is it so hard to remember we serve a God who is above all this? Heck, does it really matter anyway that I get an 'A' in Ventilation? Why do we let ourselves reach that point of being so overwhelmed? I feel like it goes back to what I stated before, we are so blessed...what do we have to worry about? We have medical care at our access, food, a house, clothes. Praise God for his blessings! Maybe this will help me to remember that when I get really stressed out again.

Oh, and last little bit of information. I am supposed to run in the Loveland Sweetheart Classic race on Saturday morning...not a 5k like I thought. It is a four mile race! I tried to run 3.5miles today, but I admit I had to walk a little. That's all for now! Hopefully I'll have some fun pics to put up soon. I feel like we are becoming so lame with us just lying around studying all the time!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment